Monday, November 28, 2016

What is it Like to be Delivered from 7 Demons?





I have been preaching through the wonderful Gospel of Luke.  This last Sunday I was up to Luke 8:1-3.  There are a number of truths which can be drawn from these three verses, and I covered some of these in the first half of my sermon.  But as I was preparing to preach, one phrase especially stood out to me:

Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out

As I worked on the sermon, I felt that this short phrase should be the main focus and climax of the message.  I spent time reviewing what the Bible teaches about demons and deliverance from them.  From this prayerful study came the last twenty minutes of the sermon.  Now you might not expect a discussion of demonization to be encouraging and uplifting.  But when Jesus gets involved and there is deliverance and amazing grace and stunning transformation, a message which discusses demonization suddenly becomes a message of great hope and encouragement.

I know this is subjective, but I felt like the Lord wanted me to share just the part of Sunday’s message which is about demonization and deliverance.  It is my earnest prayer that God will use this message in the lives of those who watch it in the following ways:

1.  If anyone who watches it is being oppressed by evil spiritual forces, I pray that they will find the same deliverance in Jesus which Mary Magdalene found.

2.  I pray that God will use some of you to help other people who are oppressed by the enemy to find freedom and transformation in Christ.

3.  I pray that everyone who watches the video and thinks about this Biblical account will be greatly encouraged by God’s amazing grace and be filled with hope as we realize what God does for people.  God takes very broken people and not only heals them, but transforms them into valuable servants for His Kingdom work.

Here’s the video.  It’s just twenty minutes.  May God bless you and guide your thoughts as you watch it:




Hebrews 13:16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment