Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Let Your Master Lead You to Refreshing Water (another lesson from Sadie)




Even on hot, humid North Carolina Summer mornings Sadie is still eager to go on a walk with me in the nearby fields. But she does get hot and by the end of the walk I’m sweating and she’s panting. That’s how it was this morning.

As we were nearing the end of our walk, Sadie thought it would be a good idea to stop and try to lick some dew off the grass.  I knew that licking dew off the grass wouldn’t do much to cool her down and that cool, refreshing water was waiting at home for both of us.  Usually Sadie is very compliant.  But in this case she put up some resistance when I began to pull her away from licking the grass. All her resistance was only making both her and me hotter.  I said, “This would go a lot better if you would just trust me.”

It was then that the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart, “That’s right.”

As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, my God.
(Psalm 42:1b NIV)

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake.
(Ps. 23:1-3 NIV)




Hebrews 13:16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment